Tarot for Love and Relationships – Email Readings

Garden of Fertility Tarot Spread (Will I become pregnant?)

The Empress is always a welcome sign in a fertility reading!

The Empress is always a welcome sign in a fertility reading!

I’ve been uhmmm-ing and ahhh-ing all day about whether or not to share the pregnancy Tarot spread that has been brewing in my Tarot Spreads Creatrix brain today (yes, I have a one track mind!). The inspiration for this spread comes from a spread called House of Fertility that one of our readers shared in the Pregnancy & Fertility Card Combinations comments thread.

The thing is, I decided quite a while back not to read professionally on pregnancy for ethical reasons. Since it requires a medical diagnosis and has to be handled by medical professionals for the duration of the pregnancy as well as during delivery, I felt it was best left to leave this question in the hands of a trusted doctor.

I also have a thing when it comes to readings where there is little room for free will. I don’t read on death for the same reason. I like to use the Tarot in a co-creative and proactive fashion and there is very little room for anything other than pure fortune-telling when it comes to these types of readings.

That said, I have had great results doing pregnancy readings… but great results alone are not enough to abandon ethical considerations.

Please consider this Tarot Spread post FYI/entertainment only. Have fun with it but do see your GP if you have any fertility issues or questions about conceiving. The same goes for the Pregnancy Tarot Spread I posted a while back, and also the Pregnancy & Fertility Tarot Card Combinations.

I will not be helping out with interpretations in the comments thread below but do feel free to share your own experience of using the spread. If you do want others to pitch in with their take on the meanings of the cards and combinations, I suggest you post your reading (with a link back to the spread) on one of the Tarot forums.

Garden of Fertility Tarot Spread

Deck used: Swedish Witch Tarot (aka Jolanda Tarot)

Deck used: Swedish Witch Tarot (aka Jolanda Tarot)

1-3 Her overall health and wellbeing

4-6 His overall health and wellbeing

7-8 Advice for her, relating to the cards above

9-10 Advice for him, relating to the cards above

11 How the soul about to incarnate feels about the prospect

12-14 Most likely outcome (set a time-frame – 6 months is good, max 12 months)

15-16 Environmental factors that could affect conception during the first half of the set time period

17-18 Environmental factors that could affect conception during the second half of the set time period

It goes without saying that this is an advanced spread due to the sheer number of cards. However, if you study the Fertility & Pregnancy Card Combinations carefully, you can use those as a key. For instance, in the cards above, we can easily see that although the soul of the child (11) is willing to join with the parents-to-be, this is not likely to happen within the next 6 months.

The advice for the mother-to-be is to be patient and stay optimistic (7-8) while the troubled relationship which is causing her stress settles (1-3).

The environmental factors could be anything surrounding the couple that would have an adverse or positive effect/impact on trying to conceive. Do use visual clues. Learning to read the cards like a story rather than individual card positions is helpful for this type of spread.

You will find a great learning resource here: Top 10 Tarot Tuition Tips

19 Responses to “Garden of Fertility Tarot Spread (Will I become pregnant?)”

1. scigirl2010

Lisa:

I have a question about the layout. For card #11, you state, “How the soul about to incarnate feels about the prospect.”

This seems perplexing to me. I always assumed that an incoming soul had made this arrangement and is a willing participant. Meaning that they felt great about showing up, want to be here, etc… The wording above seems to me like the soul might not fancy showing up and the act might be against its will?

I have zero experience or knowledge regarding reincarnation or souls. I’d be interested to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

• Lisa Frideborg Lloyd

Good question. If this card position looks negative, it could be indicating that there is no soul available to this couple. It doesn’t meant that they each on their own will remain childless but it does indicate that they are not meant to have a child together. This card position then becomes a karmic indicator of barrenness for this particular couple. OR it could mean that the timing is just off. Remember – there is a set time frame of max 12 months for this spread.

Death in position 11 is a card I would see as ‘no, it’s just not going to happen for you two.’

Also good to keep in mind: Some soul contracts where there is a lot of karma to burn off are less than rosy, so the soul might be a bit hesitant….

2. Megan

So I have a question about a card that you may or may not be able to answer. So would you consider the chariot a positive card? This card is kinda of in the netural area for me??

3. Megan

I did see that but I seem to have misplaced my book so when I read your interpretation of the chariot card I just was kind of a little stumped on the message part o.0 thats why I wanted to know if to you it was a positive card or not I’m sure I’ll figure it out lol

4. Courtney

Hi Lisa!

I was hesitant to do this spread on me but I’m so glad I did. I want to share my interpretations so they can be witnessed by all, and feel free to offer input if you want :-)

Cards 1-3 for my health: reversed ace of swords, reversed queen of cups, the devil. I am not at all surprised at this, I have been struggling with regular cycles most of my life, recently I started taking meds to help regulate my hormones. This is telling me I need to not only take the meds, but I need to start exercising and watching what I eat to regulate my hormones. The devil card shows my struggle with food addiction that isn’t helping my weight, thus affecting my fertility.

Cards 4-6 his health: reversed page of cups, reversed 6 of coins, reversed king of cups. This shows me he is not emotionally or financially ready for a baby. He is working on balancing himself through spiritual work.

The great thing about these first 6 cards are they are something we both are aware of, working on, and something fixable :-)

Cards 7-8 advice for me on my health cards 1-3: the star and 10 of coins. Omg I was so happy for this!!! It basically is saying have hope, don’t give up, work on balancing your hormones and you will have the happy family you seek. Yes!!

Cards 9-10 advice for him on his health cards of 4-6: judgement and the empress. Another great sign! He will be successful with his endevours and we will have a baby! It’s all about timing as I see judgment is a major timing card.

Card 11: the magician. Oh man I started crying because I was so happy the soul coming through is going to be a little shaman like his mommy and daddy :-) I always felt it would be a boy, which is what I wanted, and I’m so happy he will be on the spiritual path too. Won’t be surprised if he is fully awakened seeing as though myself and my partner are very active and involved in the spiritual community.

Cards 12-14 most likely outcome in next 6-12 months: 7 of swords reversed, knight of swords, the hanged man reversed. This kind of confused me on interpreting it, and if anyone has thoughts on it I am open to them :-) I took it to mean I would try to get pregnant but be unsuccessful? But I don’t know what the hanged man means, maybe an accidental pregnancy that ends in miscarriage or not being able to carry full term? We are currently not trying to have a baby and it would be unrealistic for me to get pregnant this year when we both have so much to do. I’m actually relived I am interpreting this as not being pregnant this year because we are not ready. Lisa can you shed insight on why the timing is wrong for this year?

Cards 15-16 environmental factors that can affect conception first half: the sun and 10 of wands reversed. For the 10 of wands I immediately thought stress which is true for both of us because work is busy right now. Financial troubles for both of us too so we have some burdens on our shoulders. As far as the sun goes, I just took it to mean my little magician baby is not ready to come. Lisa, any insights on that?

Cards 17-18 on environmental factors affecting the 2nd half: 2 of wands reversed and ace of wands. I took this to mean that one or both of us (my partner and I) would either be doing a spiritual practice where we can’t have sex for a period of time ( he is Buddhist and in a practice right now where he has to stay celibate for three months, I just finished a practice where I had to be celibate for a year) so this is not uncommon in our relationship to have to have periods of celibacy for the sake of working with our energy. I also was thinking maybe it means we still won’t be trying to get pregnant. Lisa, I would love your interpretation of these cards too.

All in all I would just like to ask you all to witness my story, hold my vision of being a mom when the time is right, and giving birth to my amazing baby shaman :-)

Thanks!

5. Courtney

Oh man I forgot all about this post until I got the email to confirm following a post I just commented on today and it showed me all my posts- I’m currently 26 weeks pregnant with a boy! Hubby and I worked through the issues the cards highlighted and I had no problem getting pregnant then :-) and he comes to me in my dreams and tells me what he wants to do and experience in this lifetime- he is such an amazing being! So filled with love Nd gratitude :-)

6. trusteetarot

Asked if Im pregnant on simple 3 card spread with Rider-Waite- asking am I pregnant? I got 1st Ace of Wands, 2nd The Sun and 3rd Hanged Man. What does it mean, especially the Hanged Man??? Thanks

7. Melissa

Ok so for the most part all my cards were pretty positive. A lot of pentacles. I even got the lovers card but I’m confused about card 11. I got the four of pentacles. I’m not sure if it’s positive or not. My interpretation on my spread regarding card 11 would be that soul is hesitant because we need to work more towards our ambitions and maybe not as stable as we could be but we could deff afford another baby to spoil so I’m confused.

8. the21daysproject

Oh I’m SO happy I found this post when O was trying to find if I can read for someone who asked me when she will conceive. I’m new to tarot and very uncomfortable yet to answer questions demand a timeframe. I’ll try this spread. Thankyou so much for this post Lisa!

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts, feedback and questions.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Basic HTML is allowed. Your email address will not be published.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 41,341 other followers