Tarot for Love and Relationships – Email Readings

Are You Twin Flame Material?

Twin Flame love symbol image

There is a lot of confusion about what a Twin Flame really is and also about the true purpose of a Twin Flame union on earth. So let me begin by clarifying some of the truths and myths about Twin Flames:

A Twin Flame is…

• literally your other half
  • someone who will unite with you on earth when you are both ready to form a divine vessel for grace and unconditional love to flow out into the world
  • always with you in spirit, even when not physically close
  • someone who embodies the divine feminine/masculine in a way that is complementary to you

A Twin Flame is not…

• a romantic partner in the traditional, third dimensional sense
  • something that we all get to experience physically in our current incarnation
  • necessarily the same age
  • someone who walks up to you out of the blue and tells you they are your Twin Flame (inner knowing, not words!)

The most common reason for forming Twin Flame relationships here on earth is because old souls are ready to come together to serve in this capacity. These two souls will have a contract to meet up.

However, free will still comes into play and the readiness of each Flame will be tested. The Flame who has spent more time in meditation and done more work in terms of personal/spiritual development will be quicker to remember.

It can be really painful to meet up with your twin flame before they are ready; It is one of the biggest tests of our trust in the ultimate goodness of the Divine that we can encounter here on earth. Please do not despair if this has happened to you. All will be well.

It could be said that Twin Flame love is the most elevated form of divine service, as it becomes physical evidence of unconditional love and divine union which transcends polarity.

Again, the whole purpose of the Twin Flame relationship is service in the form of full embodiment of the I AM presence here on earth.

This does not mean that you and your Flame are some kind of “spiritual upper class,” it simply means that you have reached this stage of your journey by the grace of God.

Some of the signs that you are ready for Twin Flame love are:

• a deep, abiding desire to be a reflection of God’s love and light in the world
  • an inner knowing that your Twin Flame is also on the earth plane
  • a deep, abiding trust in your own inner knowing
  • an awareness that you are here to usher in fifth dimensional living
  • a knowing since childhood that there is only One soul that you can unite with in perfection (not to be confused with the Hollywood ideal of the perfect romance!)
  • trust that all is well and will be well, always

I have created a Tarot spread  for Lightworkers who want to explore their own readiness for a Twin Flame relationship.

8 card tarot spread about twin flame love image

1. Your Readiness to Serve in Twin Flame Capacity
2. Soul’s Purpose Check-Up (you)
3. Soul’s Purpose Check-Up (your Twin Flame)
4. Karmic issue/challenge (you)
5. Karmic issue/challenge (your Twin Flame)
6. How you are already connected (tune into your inner knowing and allow the card image to take you on a journey until you feel a ‘click’ and recognise the connection)
7. Divine guidance about the synchronicities that will bring you together (timing may be indicated here if you are indeed about to be united)
8. Outcome – Shows the most likely outcome in terms of serving together with your Twin Flame in this incarnation.

Use a Tarot deck dedicated to lightwork for this reading, such as the Angel Tarot Cards by Doreen Virtue or the Sirian Starseed Tarot by Patricia Cori.

Please feel free to share your own readings, questions and comments below and don’t forget to share this post on all your social networks if you believe it might be helpful to fellow seekers!

☆ Lisa Frideborg Lloyd

Sign up for my Newsletter and get a FREE Love Tarot Spreads eBook!
Enhanced by Zemanta

67 Responses to “Are You Twin Flame Material?”

1. Jennifer Flint ~ The Aura Reader

You’re right on with this one, Lisa. My TF is still on the other side, but with me all the time regardless. It’s a strange condition, but rather comforting nonetheless. I will have to try out your spread and see what it has to tell me! :)

2. sarahtaylor777

It has been hard encountering my Twin Flame this lifetime. We weren’t ready; one of us was less ready than the other. Having said that, our meeting initiated in me some deep inner work around childhood wounding, and we both know that when the right time comes, we will meet again.

• Lisa Frideborg Lloyd

Yeah, that’s harsh. Glad you were able to find healing through this encounter even though you weren’t able to make it stick at the time… Thanks for sharing, Sarah.

3. venusmizu24

Very good spread, Lisa. I got the Two of cups in referance to my readiness (which means my intuition isn’t lying to me; yay!). Cards 2 and 3 showed up as the nine of swords and the Tower. 4 and 5 were Judgement and the ten of wands. I think that’s a sign I’m more ready than they are :/ As for our already existing connectedness, I got the Moon (I’m guessing something to do with our emotional patterns…?). I got the King of cups for Divine guidance. Outcome was the four of pentacles (this card always confused me; I know it’s basically about being clingy, but…)

Oh, and hi! Long-time reader; first time commentor :)

• Lisa Frideborg Lloyd

Interesting! Thanks for sharing and glad that you finally piped up! :D

Actually, I would say that there is no need to despair with the 4 of Pentacles as the final outcome. It’s a card of absolute manifestation (Sun in Capricorn). As you place that card on top of the 2 of Cups, what feeling do you get? Yes, you both have ‘stuff’ to work through but you will get there in the end… and I’m pretty sure the cards mean THIS incarnation ;)

• sarahtaylor777

venusmizu24 – I would suggest that The Moon also refers to an intuitive connection rather than one that is obvious.

4. Mar

I’m having a hard time with the Page of Pentacles. Does it show I need more to learn since pages are all about learning and studying, etc? The beginning stages, so I’m wondering if this alone indicates that I’m not really ready?

Twin Flame Tarot Spread
    8:31am 10/05/12

1. Your Readiness to Serve in Twin Flame Capacity

Page of Pentacles

2. Soul’s Purpose Check-Up (you)

Strength

3. Soul’s Purpose Check-Up (your Twin Flame)

6 of Cups

4. Karmic issue/challenge (you)

Queen of Pentacles

5. Karmic issue/challenge (your Twin Flame)

4 of Pentacles

6. How you are already connected (tune into your inner knowing and allow the card image to take you on a journey until you feel a ‘click’ and recognise the connection)

9 of Swords

7. Divine guidance about the synchronicities that will bring you together (timing may be indicated here if you are indeed about to be united)

Death (Scorpio) Could be this month? I do think have an idea of who it might be. I keep getting this as far as love and timing goes quite frequently.

Ace of Wands

• sarahtaylor777

Also, Mar, it looks like your karmic issue might be to grow into the role of Queen of Pentacles in your life from the current position of Page. It feels like a link that describes self-empowerment – becoming ‘queenly’ without the need of anyone else.

5. Lisa Frideborg Lloyd

Yes, it could mean that you have some lessons ahead – probably related to the 9 of Swords in position 6, which indicates that you have some fear issues to work through before you can make the connection. I’d be interested what you got when you tried tuning into the 9 of Swords…?

6. Mar

Well, depression and sleepless nights it what immediately popped into my head. The guy I’m thinking it might be is also going through it. We have known each other for over 14 years and there was always more than a friendship connection, but timing was never right for us..

• Lisa Frideborg Lloyd

Sounds like you’re not sure he’s your other half…? When you think of him, do all others fade away? Or do one or two others still kinda pop up as possible candidates? The thing with twin flames is that you have a quiet knowing – unshakable. There’s usually not a ‘might be’ included… Just sayin’… You BOTH just know.

• Mar

Ok! Then, you’re right because I’m not sure at all. More communication is definitely needed, thanks!

7. sarahtaylor777

Did my Twin Flame reading, and it feels very intense. I used The Alchemical Tarot: Renewed by Robert M. Place.

1. King of Staffs – can’t get more ready than that!
    2. Seven of Cups – feels like needing to make a choice
    3. The Lovers
    4. Ace of Swords – freeing the mind so that it is used insightfully and wisely, in service to a higher power
    5. Nine of Cups – the need for security, perhaps
    6. We cannot see what is right in front of us; we are performing circus tricks that stop us from grounding and moving forward
    7. Two of Pentacles: yin and yang.
    8. The Chariot. How interesting!

8. sarahtaylor777

The Chariot has always interested me because it feels like such an esoteric card, its meaning tends to want to slip away from me. But if I were to try, it is about bringing something ‘down’ from above; it is the intersection between the horizontal and the vertical and using that to ‘move forward’. It is also the coming together of two elements that create motion — two complementary elements. Hence the link to yin and yang.

• sarahtaylor777

Ah – and will. Bringing opposing forces together. I have told this man in the past that we were doubtless mortal enemies in previous lives, and that feels absolutely spot on. Integration in the service of will, and then forward motion. Which feels lovely, even in theory. :)

9. susan

i did it … ! all my cards were upside down, i guess i flipped the deck over before i picked cards? not sure what to make of it, but i sort of wonder if it reflects my own doubts about twin flames … haven’t decided how i feel about the concept. but curious!
    1. the devil … limitations (mental/moral), shame (about the body/sexuality), freedom. doing the simple right/true/good instead of knowing but not doing … ??
    2. temperance — working in co-operations and sharing WITH people HERE and now, but connecting to the un-ending source of love/light … (i always notice the foot in the pool … drawing from the EARTH and not just the heavens)
    3. 8 of wands — balancing speed/quickness with being slow … intergrating rapid transformations, communication …?
    4. knight of pentacles — setting goals, taking small step-by-step daily actions towards goals, being patient, gentl, kind, humble, grounded and rooted in daily ordinary life
    5. king of swords– decisive, intellectual mastery/leadership, clarity, focus, & putting it to practice!
    6. nine of swords — conquering fears, on a high mental/spiritual plane ! i hope we are both doing this, i know i’m trying so hard!
    7. 10 of pentacles — focusing on making firm foundations for the future (maybe our own future? perhaps even another incarnation? or baring fruitition to work that’s been done/is going on and making it into something lasting/beneficial to next generations ), legacy, making new traditions?
    8, the magician — all the tools are in front of us, its up to us to grab them and use them! feels promising … ! somehow it indicates to me a more mental/spiritual connection, not necessarily a physical one, but the magician is also about attraction ??

i would have preferred to use a deck dedicated to light-work but i only have one deck in my life right now, but i try to devote all my readings to healing and do what i can to clear my deck/dedicate it to higher goods.
    i feel that i truly want to focus on being a reflection/tool/vessel of higher light and love, and all that is meant to be from that will come, i feel that i have a lot of work to do but also faith and excitement … !
    thanks for this and all your spreads Lisa!

• Lisa Frideborg Lloyd

You are welcome and thank you very much for sharing your own reading and the thoughts that came with it. It sounds to me as if you have a good handle on the card meanings. The Devil indicates to me that you are in the middle of some pretty deep Shadow work right now. Temperance can also mean clarifying your vision. Whether or not the relationship is physically manifest, the Magician promises communication. :)

• sarahtaylor777

Yes, Lisa, I’m in complete agreement about the link between The Devil and Temperance. Shadow work to integrate and find a place of balance – and you have the Knight of Pentacles in there too, which means that there is a “slow and steady” factor in your life that you may either need to break through — i.e. conservatism — or to hold to — i.e. in the face of excess.

10. Mar

Oh. You know, when I did the reading I didn’t ask about anyone specifically. Just asked whether I was ready for a twin flame relationship. Hmm,.

11. Trish Vidal

okey dokey – so here’s what I got – bear in mind I don’t wish to be paired, so I expected the cards to echo this:

1) Two of Swords – no surprise, since I’m not open to being in a relationship right now and, I’ve decided I just prefer casual friendships, not to live with someone or keep anyone around for a long time.

2) My Soul’s Purpose: Wheel of Fortune – just to take it as it comes and work out my karma.

3) His Soul Purpose: King of Swords – to be a know-it-all? LOL

4) My karmic obstacle: 3 of Wands – I don’t want to share my life with anyone. Prefer to be alone. Do not want to cooperate or commit.

5) His karmic obstacle: 6 of Swords – he travels or lives far away? (good!)

6) How we are connected: The Fool, doesn’t look like we are, or that we’ve chosen not to meet, since the Fool can mean choosing to get the ball rolling.

7) Divine Guidance: Queen of Wands – this is the most independent queen, so I’ll take it to mean I’ll retain my independence.

8) Outcome: Justice – can represent the consequences of decisions/actions, and since I’ve already made clear what I’ve decided, I think I’m safe for this lifetime as well!

• Lisa Frideborg Lloyd

Thanks for sharing, Trish. I don’t think the King of Swords is a ‘know-it-all’ – that’s more like the Knight. Why would you feel ‘safe’ without your Twin? I don’t actually see being in a Twin Flame relationship as giving up independence… but I suppose I can understand why you would see it like that. Anyhoo, I’m happy that you feel you’re on the right pat with this (although the 2 of Swords can indicate being undecided and Justice can indicate marriage – just sayin’)… :)

• Trish Vidal

I was just making fun with the “know-it-all”. I know it means he’s cerebral and deals in knowledge. For me, Lisa, it’s a life style choice. But saying you don’t want to pair up is almost as bad as saying you don’t want to have children. (I have 4, btw, all grown, all raised by myself). It’s an unpopular thing to say, and it attracts people wanting to tell you what you are “missing”. I have several male friendships and I get my relationship needs met from them. But actually living with someone every day, no thanks. I’ve been single since 1989 and I’ve turned down 8 marriage proposals, the last one, this past July. I love my single life.

12. clarkkent07

I have my twin flame.. connection date may 2005 disastrous.. neither one ready.. however August 2009 complete within so without… Mothers date of birth 121349 my own.. Her Fathers date of Birth 11/8/49, Her Fathers Pass Date 12/13/95 My mothers pass date 11/08/08. I share in her as she shares in me.. Same soul same frequency within touch, within hearing, within seeing, within smelling, within taste.. Abilities physical, emotional, mental, celestial, spiritual… anything from listening to music we can hear apart.. laugh apart, etc.. It goes on and on.. Our purpose is our connection.. It has found many answers.. Many to include the lost ways of ancient before communication was created.. We share in the source in our dreams.. The light of connection bathing us.. we see it in so many ways.. something has led me here I feel!

13. Ana

Amazing! My spread: every card here has ressonance with what I am feeling.

1 – Hierophant
    2 – World
    3 – 9 pentacles
    4 – Fool
    5 – 10 Cups
    6 – Strength
    7 – Ace Wands
    8 – 3 Cups
    feel free to comment, please. Thx!

• Lisa Frideborg Lloyd

Not much to say other than ‘congratulations!’ if you resonate with the cards you pulled! :) Feel free to ask specific questions if there is a particular card or combination that remains unclear.

• Ana

Oh, Lisa, I have always questions. :-)
        I said that I resonate with the cards because I recognize that issues with my life, and specifically with this relationship, right now. I felt a kind of synchronicity with the cards… But, Lisa… it doesn’t mean that I understand very well the positions where they felt. It’s an advanced spread for me and I am just an tarot apprenticeship…so I have asked for any comments… Blessed be. 

14. Ana

I know, Lisa. :-) It was not my intention to ask for a complete study. If it were I would have asked for the price of the service. Sorry if you thought that.
    Peace & Love.

• Lisa Frideborg Lloyd

No worries. For future reference, please be aware that reading interpretations are not included in the paid services I offer – I much prefer to spread the cards myself, as I work in synergy with the cards and the energy connection with my client in the moment :)

15. sylvia

I also met my twin flame. It has been nine years of terrible struggle for me. People don’t realize how hard it is especially when the other doesn’t understand or is not ready. Although I am grateful for the experience, I wouldn’t want to go through such pain and longing again. We are still not together and I have stopped agonizing and have been trying to move on. I have lost all hope.

• sylvia

thanks for the vote of confidence. I am actually struggling with forgiveness, Lisa. He did a lot of damage to me and though I can see why he did it from a higher perspective, there is alot between us left unsaid because he is so afraid to face the music which he’ll have to do if he comes face to face with me and he would rather not face up to his responsibility. You know that he is actually stalking me?? He secretly watches me wherever I go and I have caught him twice. Then he runs off again like a frightened rabbit. The universe may sneak up on me again however and try to bring us together but now I have gotten used to the pain of separation. Pain is my constant companion in my solitude but so is joy. I have traversed higher levels of awareness and he is still third dimension and lower. Still, he is the man of my dreams so I will try to remember your words. When one is in a twin soul union, everything touches you to the deepest core. It isn’t easy. One might say it is the ultimate inner struggle.

• Lisa Frideborg Lloyd

… and also the ultimate experience of transcending polarity. I’m sorry to hear you are going through such a rough time with this and I pray that it will not last much longer. Sending him light as I’m sure you do every day. <3

16. Julianna

Hi Lisa. What a brilliant page you have. Thank you for posting all the information here on the ‘Twin Flame’ connection. I have done the reading and I got some pretty amazing cards. I used the Doreen Virtue Angel deck, it’s so amazing! I am VERY good at reading for others, but as you know it is SO hard to read for yourself. If anyone out there cares to make a suggestion about the TF reading I got please offer suggestions. Card 1: Ace of Cups; Card 2: The Sun; Card 3: Empress; Card 4: Queen of Air; Card 5: 3 of Water Card 6: Release; Card 7: King of AIr; Card 8: The Emperor
    Back ground on my sitch is I met my TF 2.5 yrs ago, after my (ex) husband and I got into a car accident. The accident was not accident. EVERYTHING in my life changed. It was the final push to show me how really ‘over’ my marriage was. I met him 5 days after our accident. I knew instantly, but the magnitude or admitting the truth to myself didn’t come until 5 months later because I grappled with the emotion in utter confusion. Neither he or I were available at the time. He is still not available, I am. My TF is about 8 yrs younger than me and the cards in the reading all show an older male. SO is the guy I think is my TF my TF? Anyway I know that the Emperor will be a man that helps me get to where I want to go with my career… or that we will work together with our careers…
    I am doing Kundalini yoga because after I met my TF my body ‘awoke’ so to speak after what felt like it had been asleep for the last 44 years. Uuugh! Help, desperate to understand this.
    <3 <3
    J.

• Lisa Frideborg Lloyd

Hi Julianna, There is no need to fret or worry and there is absolutely no point in pushing the envelope. When you do come together with your Twin Flame, there will be no doubt. You will have ONE shared life purpose. There is no need to worry about WHEN either because it will happen when the time is RIGHT. Both of you will be awake, activated, aligned and ready to serve the Light as ONE. The longing to be united with your Twin Flame is born from serving the Light, not from a longing to be with a lover. If you stay true in your dedication and devotion, all you need to do is wait and it will come to pass. Blessings, Lisa

• Julianna

Ahhh- thank you Lisa. I’m following you on Twitter now! I suppose I was a little bit baffled at the Emperor over the Ace. I read the meaning and the Ace may mean that only one of us will feel the love. Perhaps I’m not understanding the whole of the spread. I’m pretty good at that, haha! Thanks for your loving words. Your site is so charming.<3 <3

• Julianna

By the way, I’m not worried, I’m doubting, because I have no indication on how this other person feels. I guess the Ace of cups in the reading kind of sums that up doesn’t it??? I ready your meaning to it and I think it means only one of us feels this love presently. With the emperor over it… *sigh* nvm. <3 <3

• Lisa Frideborg Lloyd

It’s actually not as interesting how they feel as how ready they are to surrender. I’d imagine it would be worse to have your TF fall in love with you in an unawakened state and then begin to awaken – that is likely to trigger the ‘runner syndrome’ for sure!

• Julianna

Thanks! I guess I am the runner. I have been avoiding him and synchronicity keeps having us run into each other. If I could leave the city we live in I would, haha! It’s painful every time I see him. Like the death of a loved one. Wish I’ld never met him. The timing has been so cruel. I know I’m not ready for this. Neither is he. Hoping something comes along that will suffice or be good enough. Very human egoic thought, but like I said I’m not ready for this. People who wait 10 years? That will not be me. That much I do know. I wish all of you the best! <3 <3 <3

• Lisa Frideborg Lloyd

The inability to wait patiently will dissolve once all karma preventing you from being together is resolved. It all starts with realising that your desire to serve is greater than your desire to be in a love relationship. Once this happens, you will be surprised how all that seemed to matter so much just melts away. Wishing you peace, joy and love!

17. annu

Hi Lisa, nice post as always :) pulled cards for me, here’s what I interpreted:
    1. 8 of pentacles: self improvemnt is required, enjoy what you are doing
    2. King of Wands: intelligence, organised, balanced, spiritual
    3. Queen of swords: know how/when to cut chords with whom
    4. Six of Pentacles: learn to share
    5. Knight of cups: listen to your intution, follow dreams/feelings
    6. 4 of wands: marriage, love, luck, my life-partner?
    7. King of pentacles: does it relate card 2 and 4, king of wands learns sharing better
    8. Outcome – two of wands: once self impovemnt and balance is achieved, i may be offered with 2 choices or a balanced relationship with my twin-flame

The hermit card fell out just before I started the reading, re-kindle my old love/self examination/solitude or i may find a mentor soon…

18. Siobhan

Am actually a little alarmed by my reading it seems it doesn’t bode well at all :/ however I am new to doing tarot, is our situation really this bad? Position 1 was the 4 of wands, position 2 is the tower, 3 is the ten of swords, 4 is the 4 of cups, 5 is the two of swords, 6 is the two of wands, 7 is the queen of pentacles but in reverse position and 8 is the seven of swords also in reverse position. Any tips on what to take from that reading would be greatly appreciated.

19. Tatiana

What an interesting spread. I love Twin Flame, but I’m not sure if I have one in this incarnation (unless my TF plans on arriving later on when I’m closer to 30 or older!). Here’s what I got using my Sun and Moon tarot – and I use reversals:

1. Your Readiness to Serve in Twin Flame Capacity
    – The Sun (which I took as a great sign. I TOTALLY feel ready for my Twin Flame. It’s like.. my heart’s desire to be coupled and serve God).

2. Soul’s Purpose Check-Up (you)
    – Six of Swords (this is a card about transition and moving away from things that don’t serve me and onto much better opportunities).

3. Soul’s Purpose Check-Up (your Twin Flame)
    – 9 of Pentacles Rx (Maybe my TF is a workaholic, and needs to take time to enjoy the finer things in life.) QUESTION: How would you interpret a card like this in this position?

4. Karmic issue/challenge (you)
    – Princess [page] of Pentacles: I have an issue with manifesting! Being grounded, and taking practical steps to get the things that I want (omg so true).

5. Karmic issue/challenge (your Twin Flame)
    – Four of Cups Rx: Being so focused on their own issues that they can’t see what’s right in front of them (though this is also the general interpretation for the 4 of Cups right side up).

– Tw of Swords: At first when I looked at this card I thought “not yet” because it makes me think of a cross-roads. But the more I looked at it, the more I wondered if we were connected before we incarnated. In my deck, this card depicts a woman sitting on a wooden bridge, with a vast body of water behind her, with endless sky overhead. (Question: I have no idea how to interpret this card. Attempting the inner knowing and didn’t really get anything).

-Queen of Swords Rx – I found this interesting since 6 is also an Air card. So we’re already connected through the mind: mental engagement, logic, thinking rationally. Which can also point to astrology, as I’m an Aquarius, an air sign. As a reversed Queen, we probably won’t meet under the friendliest circumstances – there may be bickering, or a genera sense of us not getting along at first. (Question: I’m really awful at timing. Are court cards good for determining timing?)

– 7 of Wands: This card links closely with how I interpreted the reversed Queen of Swords. The 7 of Wands is about conflict, standing your ground and realizing you can’t please everybody. If me and my TF meet in this life, then our relationship won’t be an entirely smooth one. We’ll probably challenge each other, not much room for compromise and heated debates (and ideas, again, link back to air keywords).

• Lisa Frideborg Lloyd

Thank you for sharing, Tatiana. I commented on the 7 of Wands on the Facebook page :)

As for the Rx 9 of Pentacles, he could be working through lessons on abundance and self-sufficiency at the minute. If so, he’s close to completion.

• parisianfeline

Thanks for your comment!

I also wanted to say that I’m not attracted to men, so while your TF could be anyone, I identify as a lesbian.

20. MandMaud

Hi Lisa, I was catching up with your blog and thought I’d try this spread. Part of what I like on this site is that you refer to many things I haven’t come across anywhere else (just been along different roads :) ), and the twin flame concept is one of these. So I was careful to get the concept straight before settling down to the cards – I know it’s different from a soul mate, and not everyone has a twin flame or meets theirs, and when you do you Just Know It.

Mostly the cards I drew were telling me we aren’t likely to meet in this incarnation, which goes with what my feeling sort of ‘half ready’ – not hopelessly out of touch spiritually, but with a lot more work to do before I’m willing to ‘surrender to destiny’. My question though is about card 6, how we are already connected. I drew the King of Pentacles. Now I’m not good at Courts anyway (who is? lol) and I could think of many people he might be, but if I had met him by now I’d know, y’know… and I don’t default to reading a Court as a person, anyway I don’t really get this as an ‘already’ card. One idea I had was my own father, who I’ve never met – but I have written and he is very against knowing me and from what I’m told is the opposite of enlightened if you know what I mean.

Also, in the last couple of years the cards, and various healers, and learning more astrology, and all sorts of other clues, have been telling me that my material wellbeing (in future, but in this life) will depend on someone else, not my own efforts. :( I don’t like that thought AT ALL but it is a recurring message! Could this King tie in with that somehow? Oddly, I’ve always expected to go into business on my own, one day, and he could alternatively be my practical, managerial/delegating, financial-decision-taking side … but then how would he fit into this reading? I don’t know what to make of him – as you can tell! Any ideas? (Anyone?) :D

By the way most of the cards here were Cups and the only Majors were on my side, soul purpose check-up (I take this to mean whether things are going the right way) the Star, karmic challenge the Chariot which is my birth card too.

21. Lisa Frideborg Lloyd

Well, obviously – the how you are already connected only applies if you are connected somehow… especially with a court card. So if it doesn’t click, it’s because you haven’t tuned into the energy of your TF already. You’re throwing way too many things into the mix here. Your father won’t have anything to do with your TF – he may relate to soul mate lessons though… but that’s not what this spread is fore.

• MandMaud

You’re right about too many things in the mix! That about my father was thrown in without much thought, and it doesn’t fit, I was getting mixed up with soul mates even though I do know (intellectually) that’s very different.

Should I have left out position 6, then? I was trying to work out what on earth I was thinking… and I think it was that a TF is someone we’ve already connected with, somewhere sometime, not necessarily in the here n now. Or perhaps I feel that before we’ve actually met, there’s an echo of connection that we inwardly know all the same. ?? Am I completely off track?! Remember this idea is new to me.

But I’ll throw another spanner into the works ;) which is that if you’d asked me five years ago, I’d have said not only that I knew my twin flame (I just hadn’t heard the term then) but also that he was more ready than I was. It was instant, the knowing was exactly as you describe, and it lasted across twenty years while living in different countries for most of that. When we met it was as if we’d known each other for ever; I used to call him my [i]might-as-well-be[/i] brother.

He felt the same – at least, he behaved the same, ‘desperate’ to be together. It never got romantic in the normal sense because I’m female and he’s gay! and so that never came up, but it was very like being with a true lover (just not in bed, lol). Finished each others’ sentences, etc. He was further on the spiritual path than I was, most of my learning in that direction has been in the last decade… but the last time we spoke, it was clear that he’d moved onto pathways that weren’t healthy. It was as if I’d been moving from ego-angst towards light while he went in the other direction :( and that really, deeply hurt.

Once during healing I travelled to see what had happened, and I found him in a small dark space underground, not completely unlit, but he was unwilling to look at me or communicate. Something told me very strongly that we’d meet again when he and I were both in the right place, and he would be again one day, whether or not that was in this lifetime… Part of me found it hard to stop hoping to ‘get him back’ but the higher part was comforted by that reassurance.

You know, I haven’t talked about this with people. This twin flame thing would explain him – but do you think the long-term connection followed by the rift could happen, in that case?

• Lisa Frideborg Lloyd

Rifts can happen. There are different opinions floating about… my inner knowing tells me that Twin Flames come together for the purpose of serving the Light. If that can’t happen because one of them isn’t ready, they may drift apart I suppose… I’d suggest you trust your intuition above else. You’re too much in the head with this.

• MandMaud

True! Too much in my head is a symptom of being new to the subject. :) I’ll leave it to ‘prove in the airing cupboard’ for a bit, I mean sink to the bottom and become part of the river-mud (mixing metaphors, ok) before trying any harder! Thanx for your attention.

22. ruthy82

Twin Flame Tarot Spread
    8:31am 10/05/12

1. Your Readiness to Serve in Twin Flame Capacity

8 Pentacles

2. Soul’s Purpose Check-Up (you)

Queen Pentacles

3. Soul’s Purpose Check-Up (your Twin Flame)

High Priestess

4. Karmic issue/challenge (you)

King of Cups

5. Karmic issue/challenge (your Twin Flame)

3 of Cups

9 of Wands

Ace of Pentacles

The Star :)

From what I can tell, it looks positive for me but with a little more work ahead. The Queen of Pentacles as my soul’s purpose was absolutely the right card for me, as is the King of Cups representative of my karmic debt without a doubt.

I’m not sure if it’s just because it’s my own reading, but cards 6 and 7 stumped me, so any thoughts would be appreciated…though I’m guessing that as you suggested #6 is using intuition as to how we are currently connected. I just feel a block but I’ll keep it in mind. I’ve felt his energy strongly in the past few years but have focused on working on myself immensely rather than finding him.
    Xox

• ruthy82

Though it did come to mind with #6 that it could relate to somebody who I met at the start of the year who I ran from due to placing boundaries. He’s away for the time being and I keep getting ‘divine timing’ as a message. There’s no doubt that it’s a soul connection but it could go deeper, I just haven’t allowed it because I’ve been busily working through shadow stuff this past month. I’ve never felt such a suddem deep connection when I first saw somebody and we could not believe how familiar we were to each other but I tried to convince myself not to bother and his free-spirited nature triggered me. Not that I’m not free but I guess it made me realise where I’m not even more. Anyway I’m not looking to rant but that came to mind with 9 Wands and how I think I’ve been more honest with him…though it’s currently in a stasis as he is away and uncontactable due to the nature of his work. Time will tell :)

• Lisa Frideborg Lloyd

Time will tell, indeed. :) Speaking of time, I had to stop doing spread interpretations for people on this blog a while back. I simply have no time to dedicate to this. I’m actually heading over to shut comments off now. I still cherish feedback on posts but I don’t want people to get disappointed when I don’t approve certain comments or reply in full to some questions, so I’ll start using the ‘turn comments off after 14 dayd function.’ Thanks for stopping by and please come back!

23. Michelle Couch

I’m really not sure how someone could even ask, “Is he my twin flame?” If he is, you will know. I have been with my twin flame and from the very first touch, he awakened a part of my soul that I didn’t even know existed. We aren’t together now. I fought so hard for so long to try and get him to come home. Believe me, that isn’t what I do. I don’t look back. But this time I couldn’t look away. But I finally let go and just asked God to lead me out of the darkness because I couldn’t move on my own. It was funny, right after I gave up that, I saw your spreads for twin flames. I was scared to death to do it! If he wasn’t coming back, I didn’t want to know. I won’t go through the whole thing but my outcome was 6 of Fire. Victory! I’m clearly in surrender. He’s still in Runner. But I have hope again :) There isn’t any sign of us reuniting right now. As a matter of fact I will file my divorce papers on Friday. But I believe God is protecting us. And if he finally surrenders( Talk about defiance! Damn he is tough) we will be amazing.

24. slsimms

This is a great spread and I’m glad I tried it because I was experiencing major anxiety about this relationship.

Reading your comments Lisa about relaxing and knowing that everything is ok. I was especially encouraged by 2/C in the 7th position and The Hierophant in the 8th position.

Thanks for the insight!

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts, feedback and questions.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Basic HTML is allowed. Your email address will not be published.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 41,345 other followers