Tarot for Love and Relationships – Email Readings

Anael – Angel of Love Tarot Spread

tarot spread image

This Love Tarot spread is for anyone who is single and looking, wanting to know when and how love will appear in their life, as well as what they can do to invite love in. Invoke the protection and guidance of Archangel Anael as you lay the cards out and thank Her for Her help when you gather the cards back in.

The shape of the spread is based on the 8 pointed star of Venus, the Planet ruled by Anael. Anael is sometimes referred to as ‘The Rose Angel.’

The corresponding deities are Venus, Aphrodite and Cupid.

tarot spread image

1. State of your heart – this card describes the energy flow of your heart chakra at this point in time. It indicates how ready you are for true love. Excellent cards in this position would be The Empress, The Lovers, 2 of Cups, Ace of Cups, 9 of Cups, The Star, The Sun and The World. Most cards will indicate a need to release blocks to love.

Embrace the challenge with as much enthusiasm as you can muster. Know that you are worthy of love and vow to simply release any blocks to giving/receiving love as and when you become aware of them. Ask Anael to help with this.

2. Cupid’s arrow – this card tells you how Cupid’s arrow will strike. It indicates how you will meet. The Ace of Swords, Page of Swords or The Star (Aquarius) could indicate meeting Online. The 3 of Wands (the ‘networking card’) could indicate meeting at a Conference, while the 8 of Pentacles indicates meeting at your regular place of work. With the Page of Pentacles it is likely that you thanks to studies and taking the same class. The 4 of Wands indicates meeting during some kind of celebration in your own or a friend’s house etc.

3. Timing – this card gives you the most likely timing. Personally, I rely on astrological correspondences for timing. The planetary cards can indicate a day of the week (of any week of any year) as follows:

The High Priestess (The Moon) – Monday
The Tower (Mars) – Tuesday
The Magician (Mercury) – Wednesday
The Wheel of Fortune (Jupiter) – Thursday
The Empress (Venus) – Friday
The World (Saturn) – Saturday
The Sun (Sun) – Sunday

The Fool, The Hanged Man and Judgement showing up here means you’re not meant to know – for now. Try again at a later date.

4. Best approach – this card shows you what you could start doing or should be doing more of right now in order to increase your chances of manifesting true love.

5 – 6. Clues – these two cards provide clues about the personality, looks, profession etc for your future lover.

7. Sign – this card gives you a sign, something to bear in mind for your first meeting. Pay close attention to the visual symbol that stands out the most in this card. Whatever it is, say it out loud and allow your mind to free associate, writing down whatever pops into your head. Think about how this symbol relates to the qualities you wish for in a mate and take some more notes.

After a first date, go back to your notes. If there is no match, he or she is most likely not The One. (Of course, you should trust your heart and gut on this above all else, but if you are in doubt, your notes will be there to guide you.)

8. Avoid – this card shows you something you should avoid completely or do considerably less of if you wish to manifest true love.

9. Capitalise on this! – this card shows you a strength or asset that you should bring to the fore when you start building your new relationship.

Feel free to ask questions about this spread in the comments section below. Please not that I cannot answer any questions about the card in position 7 since the interpretation of that card depends entirely on how you connect with the visual clues in it.

Angel Starlight Blessings,

Find me on Facebook!

Sign up for my Newsletter and get a FREE Love Tarot Spreads eBook!

55 Responses to “Anael – Angel of Love Tarot Spread”

1. Mag

I SO look forward to receiving you fascinating links. Thank you for sharing them!

2. syl

Hello Lisa just done this spread for myself will list the cards
    1/ the hermit
    2/ 7 swords
    3/ the empress
    4/ the magician
    5/ the high priestess
    6/ ace of wands
    7/ 7 cups
    8/ the hanged man
    9/ ace pentacles
    I dont normally pull cards for myself but this spread got me intrigued and the cards came out now im confused with a little of it . First card the hermit i can understand this ive been on my own a long time but feel ready to move forward..The 2nd dont like this card felt lies and deceit and couldnt move past that card 3 took this from ur list a monday .card 4 i felt a relationship is on its way and could be some one i already know 5 and 6 not got a clue 7 also left me up in air but was drawn to the mountain and green and last card a relationship that will need some tweaking but feels positive ive tried to give you my thoughts but have kept it brief if you could tell me how to answer this with the cards i pulled it would be a great help not easy when doing this for your self thanks a lot will try this out on a friend in near future to see if is clearer not being connected to the situation sylv x

• Lisa Frideborg Lloyd

Hi Sylv, thanks for sharing your reading. If you consider the context/position for the 7 of Swords, together with Astrological correspondence (Moon in Aquarius), I would say it’s very likely you’ll connect Online – The Magician suggests the same :) The 7 of Swords *can* have a positive meaning. Another positive meaning for the 7 of Swords would be planning and coming up with a strategy.

Card 3 suggests Friday (for Venus). The key to card 7 really is to let your imagination soar. So keep brainstorming on that one until you feel satisfied.

How do you feel about the combination of the HP and the Ace of Wands…? sounds pretty exciting! :D I don’t think it’s someone you already know (sorry!) but rather someone new. The Magician and the Ace of Wands say so. Someone from your past would render different cards – too much of a ‘new’ feel with these two in the mix.

Would love to hear your take on the Ace of Pentacles in position 9!

Have fun reading for your friend!

Lisa x

3. Mar

Awesome spread and so insightful! I laid down my cards and would love a little help about the timing (10 of Wands) and for “where” I have The World. Do you think The World means “world wide web”?

1 6 of Pentacles
    2 The World
    3 10 of Wands
    4 Knight of Pentacles
    5 2 of Cups
    6 Knight of Cups
    7 Page of Pentacles
    8 Eight of Swords
    9 2 of Wands

It looks very accurate, I love it. Thanks for your help

• Lisa Frideborg Lloyd

Thanks Mar! The World in this position probably means during a trip somewhere. In my readings the WWW comes out more in the Swords cards. The 10 of Wands is the third decan of Sagittarius, so approximately between the 12-22 December. It looks like you’ll meet that special someone before the year is up :)

4. Mar

(hugs puter), but it’s my lover :( lol jk. Yes, it makes total sense , ha! ;)

Thanks again. Lovely site.

5. Mar

Hello again Lisa :).

I would love your thoughts on the 2 of cups, knight of cups and page of pentacles in my reading. Could the knight and 2 of cups indicate someone I already know?

Thanks!

• Lisa Frideborg Lloyd

Hi Mar, It would be wrong of me to make suggestions for the Page of Pentacles since that’s your personal brain storming section of the spread.

Unless you already intimately associate the Knight of Cups with someone special, there is no indication that this would be someone from your past. It does signify someone incredibly romantic though – especially together with the 2 of Cups – someone who really cannot exist outside a partnership.

6. Sophie

Hello,

I just use your spread for the 1st time on a recent break up and this is what I got.

Card 1- 7 of wands
    Card 2-3 – 9 of swords, 2 of cups
    Card 4- 3 of pentacles
    Card 5 – justice card
    Card 6- knights of cups
    Cards 7-9 – 5 of wands, knight of pentacles, 8 of swords
    Card 10- high priestess

I feel very confused by this spread and don’t really see any actions I could take. Could you please help me interpret? Thank you very much!

• Sophie

Tried the zombie spread but could not post on that thread.
        A little disturbed that he sees me as the devil…

Card 1- lovers
        Card 2- page of wands
        3- the devil (!)
        4- 10 of cups
        5- 10 of wands
        6- knight of pentacles
        7- ace of pentacles
        8- 2 of Wands.

Thank you again for your advice!

• Lisa Frideborg Lloyd

Sophie, I’m happy to help with a specific question but don’t have time to interpret the whole spread for you. The Devil, the King and Ace of Pentacles make me think that money troubles may have been an issue…? If you see him as the Page of Wands, perhaps you don’t see him as being responsible with regards to finances?

7. Victor

Hey Lisa, I did this spread and I’m having trouble figuring out what the cards mean. Maybe you could help? I’m having trouble with only a couple of them.

1.6 of cups
    2.empress
    3.chariot
    4.queen of swords
    5.three of wands
    6.king of wands
    7.queen of pentacles
    8.six of swords
    9. queen of cups

3,5,and 7 are causing me the most problems. Any help is appreciated,

Thanks!

• Lisa Frideborg Lloyd

Hi Victor, The Chariot for timing says the month of Cancer, i.e. late June to late July. The 3 of Wands speaks of an extroverted personality, probably well-travelled, someone who likes to network and communicate… as for the 7th card, it would be no good for me to tell you. First of all, I can’t even see the card and this card position is based on visual clues… but more importantly how YOU connect with and perceive those visual clues. Take time to meditate and open your mind… good luck!

8. Jennifer

Hey Lisa, It’s Jennifer just discovered onther wonderful spread you offer on your site (very pretty spread) Hoping i could get some help on this reading,Its well appreciated Thankyou <3

1. hermit
    2. world
    3. knight of swords
    4. moon
    5. Temperance
    6. 4 of pentacles
    7. page of cups
    8. 7 of wands
    9. 9 of cups

9. linda

Hi i did this spread but am looking for a comprehensive place to make sense of it all. How do i start to understand the meaning of the cards individually and combined?

1. Queen cups
    2. 9 wands
    3. Hierophant
    4. 8 wands
    5. 2 pentacles
    6. 9 cups
    7. Knight pentacles
    8. 3 cups
    9. 8 pentacles

From info i have researched, is this saying that i am in a bit of a sensitive, fragile state currently? And that there will be a choice between two admirers? But that the timing of the next love interest will be bad timing because they wont be looking for something as much as i am? That i need to be more upbeat and open to love to encourage it. That the clues for the new person will be someone who makes me see things in a new way and someone who i will meet by chance, and in relation, the sign will be someone via work. That i need to avoid trying to control the situation so much and should focus on the fact that i can make a positive impact on others.

Am i near with my analysis?!

• Mar

Queen of Cups – It says that your heart is ready for love.

9 Wands – I don’t know how. If you work maybe he will see you struggling and try to help you

The High Priestess (The Moon) – Monday
      The Tower (Mars) – Tuesday
      The Magician (Mercury) – Wednesday
      The Wheel of Fortune (Jupiter) – Thursday
      The Empress (Venus) – Friday
      The World (Saturn) – Saturday
      The Sun (Sun) – Sunday

Hierophant represents Taurus in astrology, so late April-May of next year

8 of Wands – Start talking more, approach , don’t be shy..take action, be active

2 of Pentacles and 9 of Cups..

Someone who looks fun and always has a smile on his face. He’s funny , likes to joke around and make people laugh.

Knight of Pentacles maybe he walks slowly, or speaks slowly

3 of Cups – flirting, or dating more than one person at once

8 of Pentacles work hard to get to know this guy, pay exclusive attention to him and focus on knowing every single detail of his

10. John

1-page of pentacles RX
    2-page of cups
    3-ace of wands RX
    4-four of swords
    5-eight of cups
    6-queen of swords RX
    7-page of wands
    8-page of swords RX
    9-four of cups

Could you pls help me in understanding what this means?
    (Keep in mind, I’m a gay male)

• Lisa Frideborg Lloyd

John, I happily answer specific questions but I cannot interpret the whole spread for you because I can’t see the cards (depends on deck choice!) and because I don’t know how advanced your understanding of the Tarot is. Please share your own reading/interpretation so far and I’ll leave the floor open for anyone to comment. If you ask me a specific question, I will try to answer it for you.

• John

Oh, okay! Well I’m using the rider-waite deck and its hard for me to interpret parts 3 (timing), 5-6 (clues) for this spread, because some are reversed and make no sense in relation to the subject. If you could help me interpret it, it would be great! Thank you!

• Lisa Frideborg Lloyd

If none of it makes sense, I suggest you lay the cards out again when you feel more centred or get a professional reading. If some of it makes sense, I need to know what your understanding is so far. Your reading is created in synergy with the cards and your own soul. It’s really not much good me spoon-feeding you meanings that only make sense to me! Please try a bit harder – this is not a free reading service. I’m happy to help but my time is very limited.

11. Suelena Lindqvist

As the ninth card I got 4 of disks. I have always seen this as a card that tells me Iam too dominant. And now I shall show my integrity and power (Rohrig tarot)!?

12. cynthia

Hi I came across your page and I tried it out. this is what I got;
    1. wheel of fortune reversed – makes sense because I haven’t been the luckiest when it comes to meeting a nice guy ..
    2. the hermit reversed – I’ve been single for awhile with mixed feelings about a relationship
    3. Knight of wants – I do not know how to interpret this card in this position
    4. 5 of wands
    5. 5 of cups reversed
    6. 2 of pentacles -
    7.3 of wands -
    8. King of wands – I already know to avoid men like this
    9. the empress
    I know the empress means fertility, birth, motherhood, etc but I feel like my reading is all over the place.. care to help?

• Lisa Frideborg Lloyd

Please re-post with the card positions together with the cards pulled. It would make it easier for me to make sense of your reading. I haven’t memorised every single card position of the well over 100 spreads I have created. Cheers

• cynthia

thank you for responding so quickly.. did you mean just to write the cards down as I pulled them as so;
        1. wheel of fortune reversed
        2. hermit reversed
        3. knight of wands
        4. 5 of wands
        5. 5 of cups reversed
        6. 2 of pentacles
        7. 3 of wands
        8. king of wands
        9. empress

If it helps any I used the gilded tarot

• cynthia

1. state of your heart – wheel of fortune reversed
        2. cupids arrow – hermit reversed
        3. timing – knight of wands
        4. best approach – 5 wands
        5. 6. Clues 5 of cups and 2 of pentacles
        7. sign – 3 wands
        8. avoid – king of wands
        9. capitalize on this – empress

did you mean like this? sorry if its still not right :/

• cynthia

well 1 and 2 make perfect sense to me. I dont understand how to interpret the clues, there are so many different ways to interpret them but for the most part from the clues I understood that right now isn’t the right time. I’ve been staring at it for awhile that I think I thought about it too much, my basic question was will I meet someone who I will potentially marry and if they will be trustworthy. From the outlook it doesn’t look so bright

• Lisa Frideborg Lloyd

Perhaps you need more time to heal in order to have a more positive outlook on love and men in general – The Wheel reversed could be an indication that the time is not now… not until you are ready to actually open your heart fearlessly. Capitalising on the Venus energies is about embracing your inner lover… allow her to come out and play. Start seeing the world as a smorgasbord of love :)

Not sure why you would want to avoid the King of Wands…? He’s lovely!

• cynthia

how would you interpret a repeat card that keeps coming up in a reading? or even a reverse card. I keep getting the empress in most of my readings, and the hierophant. sometimes they are upright and sometimes they come up reversed…any suggestions as to why that might be or if reversed cards are read differently?

• Lisa Frideborg Lloyd

just to pay extra attention. you have the meanings of the reversed cards together with the upright meanings in the index. Personally, I don’t read with reversals. The Hierophant can indicate stubbornness. These two cards showing up together is interesting since The Empress (Venus) is the planetary ruler of Taurus (corresponding sign for the Hierophant). Perhaps it’s a message about learning to enjoy life more again. Sensual pleasures… that sort of thing.

• cynthia

oh haha.. I assumed since number 8 said to avoid I should avoid king of wands. I read that they are usually an aries sign. I’ve ran into someone like that.. he was the opposite of lovely.

13. Erica

Hi Lisa!

I gave this wonderful spread a try and received the following cards:

1. (state of heart) 4 of cups- I would say that I have been trying to do a lot of inner work to remove the emotional blocks that I have towards true intimacy (i.e. being vulnerable) and trust.
    2. (cupid’s arrow) King of Cups- at a bar or poetry reading?
    3. (timing) 5 of swords- Jan 20-29
    4. (best approach) ace of pents- to put myself out there more?
    5. (clues) Kings of Swords- perhaps he’s an air sun sign and has a way with words, witty
    6. (clues) temperance- he may be unlike anyone else that I’ve met/dated before and will give broaden my perspective on life in general; also, he may be my counterpart, balanced. His presence may be very soothing and provide some sort of healing for me.
    7. (sign) 5 of wands- i have a leo moon so some playful sparring and loads of sexual chemistry fits the bill just fine.
    8. (avoid) Judgement- “judging” this relationship or person by previous experiences, i need to bring a new perspective to give it the best chance of succeeding
    9. (capitalize) 3 of cups- we should have fun!

I had a question on how to tell whether or not a new person or someone that the querent already knows is indicated by the cards. Does the presence of aces always signify “new” energy? Finally, with a court card in the position of cupid’s arrow, do I use the types of activities that particular court member is known for?

Thank you again Lisa! I love your blog! It has become a key reference point for me in my tarot studies.

14. missantsy1

Hi Lisa
    I very much enjoyed doing this spread, and most of it made perfect sense. My 2 queries are positions:
    3. 2 Pentacles (RW deck)

and

9. 5 Pentacles (RW deck)…..I always dislike this card – I never can “get” it. :)

Hoping someone can clarify/suggest meanings here :)

Thanks!

Rachael

• Lisa Frideborg Lloyd

Hi Rachael, please check the link provided in the post for how I read timing. The 2 of Pentacles is the first decan of Capricorn, i.e. the first ten days of the month of Capricorn (so Christmas – New Year-ish)

As for the 5 of Pentacles, I’d like to see you brainstorm up some answers yourself before I give my two cents. Use what you have before you… the image and link in with your intuition. It’s too easy to give up and say ‘I don’t get it’ – Sometimes the cards ask us to sit with them and contemplate the deeper meaning for a reason.

Blessings,

Lisa

15. missantsy1

Thanks for the timing Lisa ….that’s a long time to wait lol ;)

With the the 5 of pentacles it brings to mind the following:
    That life currently feels like it’s trudging along, with physical ailments, financial worries, and associated psychological burdens. Despite this they haven’t given up. It seems the woman hasn’t seen the window – she has already passed it, but the man has spotted it. The window shows to me warmth, money and life (the ‘tree’ made of pentacles – also indicating an abundant life – and greenery) – everything they don’t currently have. All they need to do is keep walking a little more to the door and they will come to the end of their misery – warmth, life in abundance and financial aid.

As for a strength to bring to the r/ship, I’m thinking hope, strength itself (the willingness/ability to push on a little more, for greater gain), and belief in the future.

What do you think?

Ta Rachael :)

• Lisa Frideborg Lloyd

Yes – that is certainly one possible interpretation for the 5 of Pentacles. To me the 5 of of Pentacles is the ‘through sickness’ card – i.e. a willingness to sacrifice on behalf of one’s beloved to help them through tough times. On the shadier side of the spectrum, it could also be a card of co-dependency… and thus and indication that those tendencies need to be healed before one can bring… well, anything… to the table.

16. Jose Prado

Fascinating, but in Traditional writings Anael is a male entity. Never heard of him being a woman. There are female Archangels and even a whole race of Angels that are totally female like the Bat Kols.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts, feedback and questions.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Basic HTML is allowed. Your email address will not be published.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 41,333 other followers